Loosing focus is the biggest roadblock in achieving goals. Let it be office work, writing a blog or anything.
Well it’s actually quite easy to maintain, just give the below techniques a try
- Turn off push notifications on your phone — you don’t need to check your phone every five minutes to stay connected. And if someone needs to contact you so urgently they can rather call then texting/emailing you.
- Don’t overdo it — Try to continue doing your task for around 20–30 minutes, then take a break. That’s actually the most productive way and secondly you can roam around every 20mins and keep your health in check.
- Create a schedule and FOLLOW it — Every day list down a set of tasks you want to perform and then be honest with yourself and follow it. It may become difficult at first but once you get hold of it, you can actually get a lot of stuff done.
- Don’t like background noises? — Use a pair of headphones to cancel out the background noise. I like to listen to the sound of rain while working, helps me concentrate, your taste may be different. Just give it a shot.
- Don’t rely on coffee or tea — You may think that they help you stay awake and fresh. Sure they do but you can get addicted/dependent of them on longer run. There will be a time when you won’t be able to do a single task without a cup of coffee or tea. Try an Apple instead. It will have the same effect and will also keep you healthy. An apple a day keeps the doctor away.
- Start Reading — Reading takes patience and overtime will help developing your focussing capabilities. There is no hard and fast rule on what you should be reading, just read what you like. Make a habit of reading 30mins to an hour daily and within a matter of days you will the difference.
- Start exercising — Yeah nowadays no one has time in their busy lives to exercise, but a simple one like yoga or a ten minute run will keep you fresh throughout the day and thus helping you focus more.
And just relax — Seriously! Taking a hell lot of pressure or tension will not benefit you in any way. Stay calm and carry on, you will get a lot of work done.
If you want more content like this, follow us on Facebook and Twitter.
If you want to be notified whenever an article is posted allow push notification by clicking the bell icon in the bottom left corner of the page.